Monday 6 October 2008

handwritten beads & pendants...

I tried something new this weekend - wasn't sure if it would work, but it did. I wrote names on the cured resin before adding another layer of resin. I thought the resin might remove all the colour from the writing as you have to seal many things before you can embed in resin. The only problem is that you make the beads and pendants upside down/back to front. When you demold the pieces the bottom is the top - if you know what I mean! This means I had to write from right to left. LUCKILY... mirror writing is my party piece - "sad" I hear you saying. As long as I don't think about it I can write back to front so that you have to hold it up to a mirror to see what I've written. These are my first attempts. I'm going to make some more but add a little bit of glitter and also make some with christmassy greetings - Oh blow - said the C word.
If anyone has any ideas please do let me know...


I also got around to finishing a set of resin beads I'd made a while ago so I could make them up into the necklace below. I've added it to Just K Jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment