Friday 29 January 2010

I've got a screw loose!!! - fun resin cabochon cufflinks

I was looking in the toolbox - saw some of the tiny screws and decided to see what they would look like in resin
I put a drop of resin in each of the small square shape molds and let it cure until it was almost solid.  I put the screws into the molds and then covered them with more clear resin.  Once the resin had completely cured I mixed some more resin but this time added a little bit of metallic brown pigment to give this lovely chocolate brown colour and then filled the molds to the top and left to cure under the lights.  I was really pleased with the result and thought they'd make a fun pair of cufflinks!

I've listed for sale in my MISI store http://jkj.misi.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. these are great - I have another 4,000 or so screws hanging around if you ever run out!

    Also, just wanted to let you know that your fab blog has been added to the blog roll and listings at Craft Blog UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love your experiments, you must have soo much fun trying all kinds of things! :o)

    Is that Laura Ashley fabric i see in the background? (^_^)

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete